Dr. Eva Wong
Head and Neck Surgeon
BDS (Hons), MBBS (Hons), FRACS
Dr Eva Wong is a Head & Neck Surgeon and Surgical Oncologist at Westmead Hospital. She is a staff specialist in the Crown Princess Mary Westmead Cancer Care Centre and Visiting Medical Officer at Blacktown, Westmead Private and Norwest Private Hospitals. She also participates in the acute surgical and trauma care roster at Westmead and Blacktown Hospitals.
Dr Wong graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery in 1994 and underwent Oral and Maxillofacial training in 1996. She completed her medical training in 2002 and undertook general surgical training at Westmead Hospital. Upon obtaining her surgical fellowship, she spent her post fellowship training in Head & Neck, Surgical Oncology Unit at Westmead Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital.
She recently returned from London after completing her fellowship training in the Sarcoma and Melanoma Unit at The Royal Marsden Hospital where she acquired experience in the management of limb and retroperitoneal sarcoma. She was also trained in isolated limb perfusion for patients with advanced limb malignancies.
Area of expertise
Dr Wong has a special interest in the management of Head and Neck malignancy, in particular:
- Advanced, metastatic melanoma and skin cancer
- Oral surgery - dentoalveloar and oropharyngeal pathology
- thyroid, parathyroid and salivary gland cancer/tumour
- soft tissue tumour
For those patients who unfortunately are suffering from cancer, they will be managed in a multi-disciplinary setting at Westmead Hospital, Crown Princess Mary Cancer Care Centre.
- Clinical lecturer for medical students from University of Sydney and University of Western Sydney Medical Schools.
- Supervisor of Head and Neck/ENT surgical senior resident medical officers at Westmead Hospital.
- Coordinator of the Head and Neck anatomy course for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australia & New Zealand Head and Neck Society
- Australasian Sarcoma Study Group